Special Savings on Hybrid Water Heaters!
Save now with instant rebates AND reduce your electric bill every month
Central Lincoln PUD is offering a $600 rebate on heat pump water heaters (HPWH) instantly through this special online offer. The prices listed below have already been reduced to reflect the rebate so there’s no paperwork for you to fill out.
PLUS, free curbside delivery to your home is included, AND these water heaters qualify for a $300 federal tax credit!
Please read through all the information on this page for the offer details and important info on hybrid water heaters.
- This offer is valid only on orders shipped to a residential address serviced by CLPUD.
- The water heater must replace an existing electric water heater.
- Limit 1 per home, unless you are purchasing for an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) with a separate plumbing system.
After your order is placed:
- When your order ships, you will receive a shipment notification email.
- The delivery company will contact you to arrange a delivery appointment.
How much can I save with a Hybrid Water Heater?
The US Dept of Energy’s website provides the following calculation to determine how much a water heater costs to operate:
365 days/year x 12.03 kWh/day ÷ EF x Fuel Cost ($/kWh) = annual cost of operation
If we plug in the Rheem HPWH‘s EF of 3.50 and CLPUD’s electricity rate of $0.0774 for the fuel cost, the annual cost of operation = $97.10
For a standard electric water heater with a (somewhat generous) EF of 0.93, the annual cost of operation = $365.44
This calculation shows a Rheem HPWH will save an estimated $268.34 per year. In other words, a 50 gallon model purchased through this program will pay for itself in just over two years!
After factoring in the $300 federal tax credit, the payback period drops to just one year!
Is a Hybrid or Heat Pump Water Heater (HPWH) a good fit for my home?
Each home is a little different, so please carefully consider each of the following questions about your installation location. If you’re unsure or need more info, please give us a call!
- Sound: Is your water heater located where sound could be a nuisance? HPWHs generate sounds at about the level of a modern dishwasher (around 49 decibels) – it’s not loud, but as you likely are not used to your water heater making any noise, this is something to consider.
- Cool air: Is your water heater located in living space? While in operation, HPWHs release cool, dry air into the surrounding space. Ducting can be used to exhaust the air to the outside (if adjacent to an exterior wall).
- Space: Do you have 700 cubic feet of space around the water heater? HPWHs require this amount of air-flow to operate most efficiently. Units can be installed in smaller areas if ducting or other air-flow strategies are used.
- Size/height: Do you have adequate height clearance? HPWHs are slightly larger than similar capacity standard water heaters. They also require an additional 6” top clearance to access the air filter.
- Condensate: Do you have a location to route the condensate? HPWHs produce condensate that must be routed to a floor drain, other plumbing drain, or to a condensate pump.
- Power Source: Is your current water heater electric or natural gas/propane? HPWHs use electricity and require a 30 Amp, 240V circuit. (15A units available at slightly higher prices – call for details)
You may install your hybrid water heater yourself if you prefer – we highly recommend viewing the how-to video above. You may also opt for professional installation from any licensed plumber you choose. Below is a list of plumbers who serve the CLPUD area and are familiar with this program:
- Great Northwest Installations – 1-800-309-5211. Serving Lincoln Beach to Newport
- Green Coast Plumbing – 541-808-2251
- DK Plumbing LLC – 541-297-2634. Serving North Bend to Florence
- Ryland Plumbing – 541-999-0237 Serving Reedsport to Waldport
- Rau Plumbing – 541-265-9660 Serving Lincoln Beach to Yachats
Program Terms & Conditions
It is up to you to determine the suitability of a HPWH for your home/application. GP Conservation makes no guarantee of fitness for a particular purpose and disclaims any liability for consequential damages arising out of the use of, or the inability to use the HPWH.
GP Conservation accepts returns of water heaters only under certain conditions. The unit to be returned must be (1) In new, undamaged condition, and (2) in its complete, intact packaging. If these conditions are met, a restocking fee of $140 and a return shipping fee of $120 will be deducted from your refund ($260 total).
Curbside delivery service is included with the purchase of a HPWH, and is the only service available through this offer. Inside delivery and/or delivery up or down stairs is NOT available. Someone must be present to sign for delivery. If you need to reschedule your delivery, you must do so at least 24 hours prior to your delivery appointment.